They pitched their Good News. He wasn’t buying it. Not on the worst day of his life, not ever. . .
Rachel warmed her hands on the cup at my kitchen table. “Daniel came over last night,” she said. “You call the cops?” . . .
He wanted to talk, and you know me—I’m no psychic. I didn’t know what he was thinking, and Jerry didn’t come out and say he was going to crawl into a garbage bag and off himself . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- John Crow’s Devil
- Becoming Abigail
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Caught Up
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Home: Social Essays