My son saw women peel their skin from their bones and burn their bodies out like cane fire before bed . . .
Gus sipped lemongrass tea from a foam cup. It was still dark. His secondhand truck idled outside the market as four men clambered into its tray. This was where he picked up workers for the day—mostly men who came to the island at night in quiet boats. The men clutched grease-stained paper bags and chattered loudly between bites of johnnycakes and various patties. Four men got into the truck’s tray. Gus was expecting five . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Rock Star Digit
- Hard Art, DC 1979
- Jerusalem Calling
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- Silent Pictures
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Black Music
- Primus, Over the Electric Grapevine: Insight into Primus and the World of Les Claypool
- This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake
- Hello Sunshine