The red brick bungalow on the South Side of Chicago was exactly as I remembered: blue-and-white tile in the kitchen, white metal cabinets, gray-and-pink ceramic in the bathroom . . .
Tag: Kathleen McElligott
My fiancé Jeff offered up his family’s hunting cabin in northern California so I could finish my novel. No phone, Internet, or TV . . .
I’ve maxed out my credit cards. I got fired. I only leave the house for organic food—and yoga . . .
Desperate for adult conversation, I volunteer as a room mom. I’m teamed up with Victoria, whose twins are Drew and Cameron. Victoria’s high maintenance, but she’s fine with the fact that Deshy has two mommies.
Victoria asks if the twins can come over for a playdate while she shops for the day. Deshy has been to their house—now it’s our turn. He’s not thrilled when I tell him . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Jerusalem Calling
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Go de Rass to Sleep
- Go Fish
- Artificial Light
- Hello Sunshine
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)