Late one afternoon, while sweeping up, my uncle asked if he ever told me about how he almost make a jail, and immediately I thought: whoremongering . . .
Tag: Justin Haynes
Daddy Bats lives with you in a one-bedroom flat in Belmont—until today. This morning, Daddy Bats flicks the cold from the corners of your eyes, and just after Radio Trinidad announces the day’s deaths, he marches you between lively trucks and horn-blowing super saloons up the hill to the orphanage.
“Don’t worry, son,” Daddy Bats says as he kneels before you. “Is only for a few days. Then I will save you . . .”
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Book of Harlan
- The Accidental Hunter
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- The Roving Tree
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit