Tommy was pointing out the sights of Montego Bay, shouting to be heard above the rumble of the boat’s engine as it navigated out of the crowded harbor, but Deb wasn’t listening…
Adela sits at her desk in the Kingston parliament building, which looks like a Moorish palace. . .
Everybody has a right to life apparently. I disagree. Some people deserve to die. People like him . . .
The constables looked at the river foaming angrily as it crashed against the rocks. Puzzled, their eyes searched the water where it flowed calmly into the sea, looking for some sign of Delroy—a shirt, a shoe, something to explain what had happened to him . . .
Marlon and Shawn spend every Saturday of their retirement fishing together out on Runaway Bay . . .
FREE E-BOOK: Download Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean for FREE through Tuesday, January 26!
Download a copy of Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbeant for absolutely free through Tuesday, January 26!
To celebrate the release of his new novel The Angels’ Share, today we’re pleased to feature author Garfield Ellis’s story from Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean.
To celebrate the release of The Angels’ Share — the latest from acclaimed author Garfield Ellis — we’re pleased to feature a statement from the author on how his fascination with regret formed the core of his novel.
You might be interested in:
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Go de Rass to Sleep
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Dog War
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- The Angels’ Share
- Black Marks
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Kaylie Jones Books Digit
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Even in Paradise
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook (SIGNED COPY)
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Gomer’s Song
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The Duppy
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- A Simple Distance
- God Carlos
- John Crow’s Devil
- She’s Gone
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- The Lunatic
- The Family Mansion