Thanks to Bill Morris at The Millions, you can get an inside look at our day-to-day workings, and specifically into the mind of our editorial director, Ibrahim Ahmad. Check out: “A Day in the Life of an Indie Publisher: Akashic Books.”
Tag: Ibrahim Ahmad
Join us and our Akashic authors at the Brooklyn Book Festival!
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic Publicist Kate Bogden and Production Manager Aaron Petrovich.
Featured: Black Interest
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- A Simple Distance
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Black Lotus
- The White House
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Trinidad Noir
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Dance of the Jakaranda