Thanks to Bill Morris at The Millions, you can get an inside look at our day-to-day workings, and specifically into the mind of our editorial director, Ibrahim Ahmad. Check out: “A Day in the Life of an Indie Publisher: Akashic Books.”
Tag: Ibrahim Ahmad
Join us and our Akashic authors at the Brooklyn Book Festival!
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic Publicist Kate Bogden and Production Manager Aaron Petrovich.
Featured: Black Interest
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- The Accidental Hunter
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Mr. Loverman
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Caught Up
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Black History Digit