Housing Works Bookstore & Café assistant store manager Merril Speck approached our booth at BEA with a refreshing counterpoint to the hours of hyper-commercial meetings, greetings, queries, and conversations for which the trade show is known. His idea for an International Crime Book Group—to help engage the non-profit’s clients while securing contributions from publishers—stood out from the mundane busyness with which we were otherwise engaged. We agreed to contribute (our Venice Noir is on the group’s docket), and, in service to our International Crime Month theme, asked him to tell us more about himself, Housing Works, and the International Crime Book Group. We’re pleased to find his writing style just a little bit noir.
Tag: Housing Works Bookstore & Cafe
Featured: Black Interest
- To Funk and Die in LA
- Getting It Right
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Becoming Abigail
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival