“Aren’t you hot in that?” She gestured at my sport coat. . . .
Flat on my back in the middle of one of the most famous intersections in the world, Hollywood and Vine. Cars slalom around me. Finally, it becomes clear, like a fade-in from a bad movie: what it all means. The pictures run through my mind at twenty-four frames per second . . .
John smashed the Styrofoam cup. No metal spike under there. Did it again. No spike. Two more cups remained. He smashed one of them . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The White House
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Black Orchid Blues
- Black History Digit
- Gomer’s Song
- The Roving Tree
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- The Necessary Hunger
- The Hungered One