Akashic remembers Albert “Prodigy” Johnson, who passed away on June 20, 2017.
Join Shannon Holmes as he launches his new novel Caught Up — the latest release from Akashic’s Infamous Books imprint — at the Harlem Book Fair on 7/18!
Did you catch Akashic publisher Johnny Temple and Akashic authors Albert “Prodigy” Johnson and K’wan on NPR’s Weekend Edition? Click to learn all about how Infamous Books is reverse gentrifying literature.
Join Akashic and Infamous Books at the Mysterious Bookshop (58 Warren Street, NYC) for an Infamous launch party!
Some highlights from the London International Book Fair, compiled in the Garden View Hotel on Nevern Square, overlooking a, well, a garden, after three full days of half-hour upon half-hour meetings culminating in two cocktail engagements with three amazing people who reminded us why we do what we do, even if what we do sometimes […]
Featured: Black Interest
- Game World
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Black Marks
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- The Freedom Artist
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor