I told William to meet me in the alley between Fifth and Sixth, on the east side of Pershing Square. Pershing in those days was where LA began its slump towards the homeless camps of the dried-up river.
Another doorway opens and two more guys come through the door with guns. “What is this?” one guy says.
“This is our room. We’re here to get Ed.” “So are we.”
Featured: Black Interest
- The Roving Tree
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Trinidad Noir
- God Carlos
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Black Lotus
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Gathering of Waters
- The Lunatic