Jack MacHugo took a swig of Hammerhead Amber and said, “You’ll pay me and you’ll fucking like it, even if you have to sell off your precious . . .” He choked as his beer went down the wrong pipe, but Stan Mulalap knew J-Mack was about to say piss hole, the term he always used for the island’s ancient doughnut-shaped stone money. The worthless sot always repeats himself, thought Mulalap. Like a parrot with Alzheimer’s . . .
Tag: Heavy Debt
Featured: Black Interest
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- She’s Gone
- The Game Don’t Change
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Song for Night
- The Gospel According to Cane