Download a copy of Adios Muchachos for absolutely free until Sunday, October 15!
My grandmother Fefita sits for la cena while my great-grandmother Maria Antonia cautions her on the caprices of obstetrics. Fefita is six months pregnant with her first child, my aunt Juana.
“The crying is horrible,” Doña Maria Antonia counsels her fresh-faced daughter-in-law, “but the silence is far worse.”
Featured: Black Interest
- Getting It Right
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Not for Everyday Use
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- The Accidental Hunter
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Game World
- Black Sheep Digit
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival