Download a copy of Adios Muchachos for absolutely free until Sunday, October 15!
My grandmother Fefita sits for la cena while my great-grandmother Maria Antonia cautions her on the caprices of obstetrics. Fefita is six months pregnant with her first child, my aunt Juana.
“The crying is horrible,” Doña Maria Antonia counsels her fresh-faced daughter-in-law, “but the silence is far worse.”
Featured: Black Interest
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Around Harvard Square
- God Carlos
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- The Darkest Hearts
- Dog War
- Gathering of Waters
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity