Download a copy of Adios Muchachos for absolutely free until Sunday, October 15!
My grandmother Fefita sits for la cena while my great-grandmother Maria Antonia cautions her on the caprices of obstetrics. Fefita is six months pregnant with her first child, my aunt Juana.
“The crying is horrible,” Doña Maria Antonia counsels her fresh-faced daughter-in-law, “but the silence is far worse.”
Featured: Black Interest
- Mr. Loverman
- eel on reef
- I Love You Too
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tano)
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- The Book of Harlan
- Gomer’s Song
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children