Download a copy of Adios Muchachos for absolutely free until Sunday, October 15!
My grandmother Fefita sits for la cena while my great-grandmother Maria Antonia cautions her on the caprices of obstetrics. Fefita is six months pregnant with her first child, my aunt Juana.
“The crying is horrible,” Doña Maria Antonia counsels her fresh-faced daughter-in-law, “but the silence is far worse.”
Featured: Black Interest
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Even in Paradise
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- On the Way Back
- The Warmest December
- Praise Song for the Butterflies (SIGNED!)
- Nowhere Is a Place