The November 10, 2013 issue of the New York Times features five Akashic authors: Lucian Perkins, Bernice L. McFadden, Edwidge Danticat, Colin Channer, and Elizabeth Nunez!
Tag: Hard Art DC 1979
Jayme McLellan reflects on her personal experience with punk & the Hard Art, DC 1979 project.
Alec MacKaye discusses his experience at the DC launch event for Hard Art, DC 1979.
Lucian Perkins, Pulitzer Prize–winning photographer, talks about his experience at the Washington, DC launch event for his latest collection, Hard Art, DC 1979.
Following their sold out book launch for Hard Art, DC 1979 at Politics & Prose, Pulitzer Prize–winning photographer Lucian Perkins and DC musician Alec MacKaye are coming to New York City!
Photos from Hard Art, DC 1979‘s DC launch event at Politics and Prose!
Featured: Black Interest
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- Nairobi Noir (Kenya)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Black Sheep Digit
- Nowhere Is a Place
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- The Lunatic
- Anna In-Between
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha