Gardner finished dressing: jeans, his shoulder holster strapped on underneath his leather jacket. He’d started down the stairs when the buzzer sounded. Gripping his arm, the woman stopped him. “Don’t go out there.” . . .
Tag: French Quarter
Angie made Ed jealous, but there wasn’t much he could do about it. She loved to drink and flirt. Drugs too, if somebody else was buying. But after Katrina it was different. Most of the bars were closed, most of the men gone to Baton Rouge, Houston, who knew where . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Haiti Noir
- May Digit
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh