Welcome to Akashic in Good Company, a regular feature where Akashic spotlights the remarkable people and places in today’s publishing industry. Over the past fifteen years, Akashic has worked with an amazing array of talented, hard-working, committed people and Akashic would not be the company it is today without their help and advice along the way. This week’s installment features a conversation between Akashic’s managing editor Johanna Ingalls and Alison Powell, Bookstore Curator, The Oxford Exchange, Tampa, FL.
Featured: Black Interest
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- The Lunatic
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Caught Up
- Game World
- Nairobi Noir (Kenya)
- I Love You Too
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival