Saturday night, six o’clock on the nose. Emma turns on the radio—her favorite show, her favorite station, always a Frank Sinatra number at the top of the playlist. She relishes the element of surprise, the musical finesse it takes to segue from torch songs to golden oldies that render her a teenager sunning on the beach. Nobody used sunblock back then. Sunburn let you know summer had arrived. Noxzema got you through the pain . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Loving Donovan
- Nowhere Is a Place
- The Accidental Hunter