For my daughter, “Shit!” became the Shit . . .
You got me. I sometimes steal away into McDonald’s with my nine year old, and we share a large fry. . .
It started when she was quite young. . .
So there I was being selfishly glum after learning that tonight’s tenth anniversary dinner reservations had to be cancelled . . .
Since I am 6’4”, Black, and a furry dude to boot, I am not your typical Upper Westside Mom. . .
She was right, I just got him seven minutes ago, but it was my turn again . . .
He takes off, devil-may-care grin on his face as he looks back at me. He’s not even watching where he’s going . . .
Are you a parent going through the Terrible Twos? Did you live through them and survive? Terrible Twosdays is a place to commiserate over the unending shenanigans of your Darling Children (as the online parenting communities say). Nonfiction stories will be considered, so long as names have been changed to protect the guilty. Inspired by […]
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- I Love You Too
- John Crow’s Devil
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- May Digit
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Gomer’s Song
- Black Lotus