For my daughter, “Shit!” became the Shit . . .
You got me. I sometimes steal away into McDonald’s with my nine year old, and we share a large fry. . .
It started when she was quite young. . .
So there I was being selfishly glum after learning that tonight’s tenth anniversary dinner reservations had to be cancelled . . .
Since I am 6’4”, Black, and a furry dude to boot, I am not your typical Upper Westside Mom. . .
She was right, I just got him seven minutes ago, but it was my turn again . . .
He takes off, devil-may-care grin on his face as he looks back at me. He’s not even watching where he’s going . . .
Are you a parent going through the Terrible Twos? Did you live through them and survive? Terrible Twosdays is a place to commiserate over the unending shenanigans of your Darling Children (as the online parenting communities say). Nonfiction stories will be considered, so long as names have been changed to protect the guilty. Inspired by […]
Featured: Black Interest
- Accra Noir (Ghana)
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Not for Everyday Use
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- The Accidental Hunter
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Game World
- Bedrock Faith
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- The Lunatic
- I Love You Too