Join Akashic and Infamous Books at the Mysterious Bookshop (58 Warren Street, NYC) for an Infamous launch party!
We’re very pleased to announce two upcoming New York events featuring Jill Mullin, editor of Drawing Autism, in celebration of the book’s release!
To celebrate the release of Unmentionables by Laurie Loewenstein, we’ve invited organizations to share with us some history related to aspects incorporated in the novel. Today, Laurie talks about her decision to sent her protagonist to volunteer in France with the fictional Fielding College Relief Unit during the Great War. The Fielding College Relief Unit is based on the Smith College Relief Unit, founded in 1917 by Smith College alumna Harriet Boyd Hawes; archivists at Smith College have graciously allowed us to share a photo of and some information about the relief unit.
Featured: Black Interest
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Caught Up
- Jesus Boy
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Black Sheep Digit
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Prospero’s Daughter
- On the Way Back
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature