Join Akashic and Infamous Books at the Mysterious Bookshop (58 Warren Street, NYC) for an Infamous launch party!
We’re very pleased to announce two upcoming New York events featuring Jill Mullin, editor of Drawing Autism, in celebration of the book’s release!
To celebrate the release of Unmentionables by Laurie Loewenstein, we’ve invited organizations to share with us some history related to aspects incorporated in the novel. Today, Laurie talks about her decision to sent her protagonist to volunteer in France with the fictional Fielding College Relief Unit during the Great War. The Fielding College Relief Unit is based on the Smith College Relief Unit, founded in 1917 by Smith College alumna Harriet Boyd Hawes; archivists at Smith College have graciously allowed us to share a photo of and some information about the relief unit.
Featured: Black Interest
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Nowhere Is a Place
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Haiti Noir
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- The Angels’ Share