She flies to her room with that awkward run that’s typical of children under three. It’s the the quick thump-thump-thump of her feet on the hardwood floors that makes me smile. Colette was a late walker, so that kind of purposeful movement, even if done in anger, amazes me . . .
Tag: Eighteen months
Featured: Black Interest
- Black Orchid Blues
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- The Family Mansion
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- A Tall History of Sugar
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- The Freedom Artist