Author and Olympian Wyomia Tyus featured in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution!
Tag: Edge of Sports
Wyomia Tyus’ memoir and Justine Bateman’s FAME are New York Times‘ Holiday Picks!
Wyomia Tyus, author of Tigerbelle, was featured on WBUR Boston’s sports show Only a Game.
The blockbuster success of Black Panther at least partly revolved around its fantastical representation of its imaginary kingdom of Wakanda as the most technologically advanced society in the world.
Etan Thomas, author of We Matter: Athletes and Activism on our Edge of Sports imprint, was recently interviewed by Candace Buckner in the Washington Post on athletes using their platform to speak out on current political events. Read the full article here.
The International Swimming Hall of Fame presented their 2018 Specialty Awards this month: Anthony Ervin and Constantine Markides received the Buck Dawson Author Award for their co-written memoir of Ervin’s Olympic career, Chasing Water: Elegy of An Olympian. Congratulations to both!
In April 2016 Akashic Books launched the Edge of Sports imprint, curated by Dave Zirin, a sportswriter who has never shied away from criticizing that which die-hard sports fans hold dear. The Edge of Sports titles will address social justice issues across many different sports, and at both the professional and nonprofessional/collegiate levels. Parallel to this […]
Unsportsmanlike Conduct by Jessica Luther has been named A Boston Globe Best Book of 2016. Congratulations Jessica! The book—and most other titles on our list—is available at a 50% discount until December 2106, by using the coupon code HS2016 upon check out.
You might be interested in:
- My Life on the Line: How the NFL Damn Near Killed Me and Ended Up Saving My Life
- Chasing Water: Elegy of an Olympian
- Unsportsmanlike Conduct: College Football and the Politics of Rape
- Little Wonder: The Fabulous Story of Lottie Dod, the World’s First Female Sports Superstar
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity
- Fair Play: How LGBT Athletes Are Claiming Their Rightful Place in Sports
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story