Drifting author Katia D. Ulysse welcomes us to 2017 with a touching look back at who we lost in 2016, and a moving call to face the new year with love and thanks.
Read Mouths Don’t Speak author Katia D. Ulysse’s tribute to David Bowie.
Everyone knew. My mother never tried to hide who she was . . .
To celebrate the release of Drifting, we’re pleased to feature an audio recording of “Take a Picture” read by author Katia D. Ulysse.
Katia D. Ulysse recently spoke to Haiti Noir and Haiti Noir 2: The Classics editor Edwidge Danticat at Salon to discuss her new book Drifting, journeying to America, Haiti, and more.
Now Available: The Caribbean Debuts Digit and The Kaylie Jones Books Digit, two free e-books comprising excerpts from great titles.
To celebrate the release of Katia D. Ulysse’s Drifting, we’re very pleased to feature a guest post from Katia on her writing process, her inspiration, and three additional fiction vignettes that are not found in her debut collection.
Chloe Zolovská had sworn never to return to Southeast Baltimore’s wasteland of condemned rowhouses, abandoned factories, defunct railroad tracks, pimps, hookers, junkies, and the babies they had by accident—including her—but there she was . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Loving Donovan
- Getting It Right
- Dog War
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Even in Paradise
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean