She stood in the shelter of the doorway of the Chicago Yacht Club, watching as the sky darkened and clouds enveloped and erased the tops of the skyscrapers . . .
Two a.m. at The State Diner came with a refill on my half-drunk coffee and an impatient smile on the lips of the waitress who’d been hovering nearby. My appointment was late, but my wallet was empty, so I couldn’t afford to leave. A week of poor sleep, too much caffeine, and more than one drive-thru meal meant my stomach was churning like the Buttermilk Falls after a storm, but I glanced over the menu anyway . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Hairstyles of the Damned
- No One Told Me Not to Do This
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- Copycat: LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PREORDER
- The Accidental Hunter
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- Demons in the Spring
- Black Music
- The Worst Breakfast