The rain stops now and I shake my head to fling the last drop off my big straw hat. It have a freezing trickle of water running down my arm, a silver ball escaping down to the tip of my finger. Forest rain does be like that: cold in the humidity, shining like hell when the light touch it . . .
At night you lie awake, kept up by the sounds of running feet and children’s eerie laughter . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- How the Left Lost Teen Spirit
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- I Love You Too
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)
- Hunters in High Heels
- Artificial Light
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Infinity Blues
- Spoke: Images and Stories from the 1980s Washington, DC Punk Scene
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- It’s Just a Plant