“I’m sorry.” It was a simple statement, filled with honesty and sadness, but truth was evident in the man’s voice . . .
The rain stops now and I shake my head to fling the last drop off my big straw hat. It have a freezing trickle of water running down my arm, a silver ball escaping down to the tip of my finger. Forest rain does be like that: cold in the humidity, shining like hell when the light touch it . . .
At night you lie awake, kept up by the sounds of running feet and children’s eerie laughter . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- The Hungered One
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Trinidad Noir
- Home Girl
- The Game Don’t Change
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Caught Up
- Black History Digit