Transcript from a fun day with Dad . . .
Saw Dr. Vaughn Romo yesterday. My second consult. We discussed the various options again. The consult was free this time, but not of arrogance . . .
Breathing is difficult today. In the waiting room we sit, my sick four-year-old and I. For a w.hole nineteen minutes now the paper-white silence has been punctuated by the cold of the man a.cross from us.
We’re in the elevator and Jancy is climbing up the metal wall, using my knee as a stepladder. “Look Mom, I’m rappelling,” she says, bouncing up and down on my thigh.
I want to yell at her but I need her like this . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Black History Digit
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- To Funk and Die in LA
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)