Transcript from a fun day with Dad . . .
Saw Dr. Vaughn Romo yesterday. My second consult. We discussed the various options again. The consult was free this time, but not of arrogance . . .
Breathing is difficult today. In the waiting room we sit, my sick four-year-old and I. For a w.hole nineteen minutes now the paper-white silence has been punctuated by the cold of the man a.cross from us.
We’re in the elevator and Jancy is climbing up the metal wall, using my knee as a stepladder. “Look Mom, I’m rappelling,” she says, bouncing up and down on my thigh.
I want to yell at her but I need her like this . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Becoming Abigail
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- The Freedom Artist
- A Million Aunties
- Even in Paradise
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- I Am a Promise
- Nairobi Noir (Kenya)
- The Accidental Hunter
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)