Transcript from a fun day with Dad . . .
Saw Dr. Vaughn Romo yesterday. My second consult. We discussed the various options again. The consult was free this time, but not of arrogance . . .
Breathing is difficult today. In the waiting room we sit, my sick four-year-old and I. For a w.hole nineteen minutes now the paper-white silence has been punctuated by the cold of the man a.cross from us.
We’re in the elevator and Jancy is climbing up the metal wall, using my knee as a stepladder. “Look Mom, I’m rappelling,” she says, bouncing up and down on my thigh.
I want to yell at her but I need her like this . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- The Lunatic
- The White House
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- The Darkest Hearts
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit