To celebrate the release of our two new Black Sheep titles — Changers Book Two: Oryon by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and The Shark Curtain by Chris Scofield — we’re thrilled to present a guest post from Jason Reynolds, award-winning author of When I Was the Greatest and The Boy in the Black Suit, on the need for diversity in young people’s literature.
Akashic interviews Ron Hogan, who recently partnered with the Beacon Reader to create A More Diverse Book Review, dedicated to reviewing books that may not get the mainstream coverage they deserve.
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Will Work for Drugs
- Demons in the Spring
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Lessons in Taxidermy
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Jerusalem Calling
- A Fictional History of the United States with Huge Chunks Missing
- Rock Star Digit
- The Failure
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!