To celebrate the release of our two new Black Sheep titles — Changers Book Two: Oryon by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and The Shark Curtain by Chris Scofield — we’re thrilled to present a guest post from Jason Reynolds, award-winning author of When I Was the Greatest and The Boy in the Black Suit, on the need for diversity in young people’s literature.
Akashic interviews Ron Hogan, who recently partnered with the Beacon Reader to create A More Diverse Book Review, dedicated to reviewing books that may not get the mainstream coverage they deserve.
Featured: Black Interest
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- The Lunatic
- Caught Up
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Black History Digit