To celebrate the release of our two new Black Sheep titles — Changers Book Two: Oryon by T Cooper and Allison Glock-Cooper and The Shark Curtain by Chris Scofield — we’re thrilled to present a guest post from Jason Reynolds, award-winning author of When I Was the Greatest and The Boy in the Black Suit, on the need for diversity in young people’s literature.
Akashic interviews Ron Hogan, who recently partnered with the Beacon Reader to create A More Diverse Book Review, dedicated to reviewing books that may not get the mainstream coverage they deserve.
Featured: Black Interest
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Even in Paradise
- Changers Book Two: Oryon
- A Simple Distance
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- Bedrock Faith
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Getting It Right
- Black Music
- You Throw Like a Girl: The Blind Spot of Masculinity