Mom steps away from the CD player and as the music spins to life I think: Oh fuck me, please no. It’s Michael Bolton’s cover of “When a Man Loves a Woman,” from the world’s most undeserving greatest hits collection . . .
On Monday morning I woke up to the beat of electronic music drumming in the living room like it were Saturday. Or at least Thursday. I slipped into my jeans, half angered, half asleep, and walked outside looking more for an explanation than a fight. Except for my flatmate, the room was deserted, the subwoofer booming. His head bobbled from side to side like a serpent making its way up a tree, his left hand twitched not so much nervously as involuntarily, and he shuffled from one foot to the other as if he had been standing for a long time . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- The Accidental Hunter
- Demons in the Spring
- Censorship Now!!
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- Supernatural Strategies for Making a Rock ‘n’ Roll Group
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- Hard Art, DC 1979