In 2000, I was struck by a simple infographic in Wired magazine comparing earnings between several major industries. I was surprised by the low ranking of movies with respect to their command of popular culture. Moreover I was moved by how the bar graphs told a story; I tore out the page and taped it to my studio wall. Five years later, as I was formulating the idea of an illustrated book about coffee and drug prohibition, I read that coffee was the second most-traded commodity after oil. It seemed fantastic that coffee was that popular. I began to research the trails of several interrelated commercial, cultural, and political behemoths, and I imagined ways to compare them . . .
Tag: Coca & Cola
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- This Is the Noise That Keeps Me Awake
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- South of the Pumphouse
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- Censorship Now!!
- Of Mule and Man
- The Failure
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- Ziggy Marley and Family Cookbook: Delicious Meals Made With Whole, Organic Ingredients from the Marley Kitchen (SIGNED COPY)
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos