In a moment of temporary insanity, Mommy took me shopping even though she had forgotten the entrapment device… er, I mean stroller… at home. My sister was at preschool. How hard could it be to run errands with one child?
Molly wants to swing, so I pick her up and thread her legs through the vinyl harness. I shove her off, and she wheee’s, yawing to one side. It’s higher than I push her with other parents around. But we have the park to ourselves, for now.
Featured: Black Interest
- Even in Paradise
- Song for Night
- Prospero’s Daughter
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Praise Song for the Butterflies (SIGNED!)
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean