This happened at the Market Street garage . . .
I sat on a railroad tie along the driveway, with my bad leg stretched out in front of me and the bike wheel across my lap. After deflating the tube, I worked the tool around and peeled the tire out of the rim. I kept having to stop to wipe the sweat from my eyes . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Black Lotus
- Mr. Loverman
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- Party: A Mystery
- Around Harvard Square
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Family Mansion