To celebrate the release of The Shark Curtain — a powerful and unique look into a young creative mind by debut novelist Chris Scofield and the latest release from Akashic’s Black Sheep imprint for young readers — we’re very pleased to bring you a guest post by Carrie Howland, literary agent at Donadio & Olson, on what makes The Shark Curtain such a special book.
Tag: Carrie Howland
Continuing our feature Akashic in Good Company, which spotlights our colleagues in other corners of the publishing world, Akashic Books Managing Editor Johanna Ingalls speaks with Carrie Howland, Literary Agent at Donadio & Olsen.
Featured: Black Interest
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- God Carlos
- Kingston Noir (Jamaica)
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Bandits & Bibles: Convict Literature in Nineteenth-Century America
- Haiti Noir 2: The Classics
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Family Mansion
- eel on reef