Shelley was the one who married Harvey right out of college, whose parents went into debt for the wedding, saying it was worth it—that he was worth it, they should have said . . .
Tag: Caroline Bock
The baby is beautiful, but then isn’t every baby?
But it’s not really beautiful. Its face is red, and its head is oversized, swollen, and dripping with newborn hair and blood . . .
10. If you can count backwards from 10, you are not drunk . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Lost Treasures of R&B: A D Hunter Mystery
- May Digit
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Gathering of Waters
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- On the Way Back
- Caught Up
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Mr. Loverman
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism