I was running a dust cloth across the top of the glass display case housing my most prized first editions—Hammett’s The Dain Curse and Christie’s Perilat End House among them—when the bell above the door jingled and a middle-aged man stepped into my used bookshop in Philadelphia’s Spring Garden neighborhood. His cashmere trench coat made me hopeful for a big sale, but the ratty Yankees cap and knockoff sunglasses he didn’t remove gave me pause . . .
Tag: Carolina Maria Russo-Holding
Featured: Black Interest
- The Angels’ Share
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Black History Digit
- To Funk and Die in LA
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Bedrock Faith
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection