I was running a dust cloth across the top of the glass display case housing my most prized first editions—Hammett’s The Dain Curse and Christie’s Perilat End House among them—when the bell above the door jingled and a middle-aged man stepped into my used bookshop in Philadelphia’s Spring Garden neighborhood. His cashmere trench coat made me hopeful for a big sale, but the ratty Yankees cap and knockoff sunglasses he didn’t remove gave me pause . . .
Tag: Carolina Maria Russo-Holding
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- Paradoxia: A Predator’s Diary
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- 100 Posters/134 Squirrels
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- The Jesus Lizard Book
- Black Music
- Simon’s Cat Off to the Vet . . . and Other Cat-astrophes
- The Immune System
- Go the Fuck to Sleep
- The Worst Breakfast