I was running a dust cloth across the top of the glass display case housing my most prized first editions—Hammett’s The Dain Curse and Christie’s Perilat End House among them—when the bell above the door jingled and a middle-aged man stepped into my used bookshop in Philadelphia’s Spring Garden neighborhood. His cashmere trench coat made me hopeful for a big sale, but the ratty Yankees cap and knockoff sunglasses he didn’t remove gave me pause . . .
Tag: Carolina Maria Russo-Holding
Featured: Black Interest
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- New Worlds, Old Ways: Speculative Tales from the Caribbean
- We Matter: Athletes and Activism
- Loving Donovan
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- The Duppy
- The Roving Tree
- Party: A Mystery
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean