Tim McLoughlin, author of Heart of the Old Country as well as co-creator of Akashic’s Noir Series, penned an article on Brooklyn’s Danish Athletic Club for the New York Times.
Tag: Brooklyn Noir 3
Reed Farrel Coleman showed us a darker side of Coney Island with “Jump” for Mondays Are Murder. Now see Dylan Coleman’s original storyboard illustrations of the story.
Skeleton umbrella. Coney Island crucifix. Tilyou’s Eiffel Tower. Steeplechase shrine. Icon. Landmark: looming, impotent, mocking, futile, naked, moot, regal, red, and ridiculous. Soaring twenty-six stories above the beach and boardwalk, passersby genuflecting at its feet, the Parachute Jump was all of these and none of these and more. Never less. Never. All you had to do was ask Richie . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- I Love You Too
- Animals and Objects In and Out of Water
- Please Take Me Off the Guest List
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle
- Infinity Blues
- Playing President: My Close Encounters with Nixon, Carter, Bush I, Reagan, and Clinton–and How They Did Not Prepare Me for George W. Bush
- Two Times Intro: On the Road with Patti Smith
- Hello Sunshine
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)