Never take a job in summer—that’s rule one. Rule two is never trust anyone. They have that rule all over, but rule one, that’s my thing. No one thinks straight in summer. You can’t rely on anyone after November . . .
The doing didn’t take long to get done. It was a hot night at the end of October, just at the time in Brisbane when the jacaranda have almost all fallen to the ground and the frangipani are blossoming on the trees. Frankie and Johnnie were spread around the deck of the small house that she rented in Annerley. 10 pm on Friday night and they hadn’t made it out . . .
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Copycat: And a Litter of Other Cats
- It’s Just a Plant
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Please Don’t Bomb the Suburbs
- South of the Pumphouse
- The Bear Who Wasn’t There: And the Fabulous Forest
- Silent Pictures
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Sale Drug Chronicles (Complete Set)
- How the Left Lost Teen Spirit
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- I Love You Too