They found Clarette on her porch that morning, a wax figure in her robe, barefoot and clutching a nearly spent half-pint of brandy. . .
Tag: Brenda McCray
Nancy took the job at the new liquor store to supplement her shitty government salary. The liquor store allowed her to work weekends and in the evenings after leaving her regular job—only a two-minute walk from one to the other. Every morning when she walked from her car to her office, she would see the same cast of characters posted up in front of the gray-and-beige county government building, which was situated only a few blocks from the homeless mission . . .
“Mama, Miss Tina is fat,” Rose announced from the backseat of my Nissan Sentra. Panic immediately set in . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Black Marks
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- Move the Crowd
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Caribbean Debuts Digit
- Black History Digit