Native Believer by Ali Eteraz was reviewed by Pauls Toutonghi for the June 26, 2016 edition of the New York Times Book Review — and was named an Editors’ Choice for the week of July 3!
Tag: book review
We’re thrilled for author Kaylie Jones! Click to read the full review.
We’re thrilled for editor Joe Meno! Click to read the full review.
We’re thrilled for author Nina Revoyr! Click to read the full review.
We’re thrilled for author Sterling Watson! Click to read the full review.
Tehran at Twilight by Salar Abdoh was reviewed by Pauls Toutonghi for the December 21, 2014 issue of the New York Times Sunday Book Review!
On the heels of a series of rave reviews for his new book, Akashic author Marlon James has received a wonderful feature in the New York Times, as well as an interview in the Wall Street Journal! James’s debut novel, John Crow’s Devil, was published by Akashic in 2005 and was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize.
Prison Noir — the latest release in Akashic’s Noir Series, edited by National Book Award winner Joyce Carol Oates — was reviewed by Marilyn Stasio for her New York Times Sunday Book Review Crime column!
Featured: Black Interest
- The Warmest December
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- God Carlos
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- The Family Mansion