Norman drove towards his home town of Sycamore, Missouri. It was about sunup on a Sunday. He had been driving for many hours.
One morning, a woman gave birth to a monster. The monster had red skin and howled all day and all night. The woman sobbed when she held the monster….
Featured: Black Interest
- Nowhere Is a Place
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Bronx Biannual: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Caught Up
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Black Lotus 2: The Vow
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Home Girl
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- John Crow’s Devil