To celebrate the release of Drawing Autism, edited by Jill Mullin, Akashic will be spotlighting certain organizations dedicated to nurturing and developing the talents, artistic and otherwise, of people diagnosed with autism. Today, we’re thrilled to feature The Good Purpose Gallery, located in Lee, Massachusetts!
Tag: autism spectrum disorder
To celebrate April’s Autism Awareness Month and Drawing Autism, edited by Jill Mullin, Akashic is pleased to feature spotlights of organizations that benefit people with autism. Today, we’re thrilled to feature Pure Vision Arts, a Manhattan-based art studio and gallery for people with autism and various developmental disabilities, and the location of the Drawing Autism launch event.
Are you an artist who has been diagnosed with autism, or do you know someone on the autism spectrum who creates art? If so, we want to hear from you!
Featured: Black Interest
- The Necessary Hunger
- The Lunatic
- You Can Keep That to Yourself: A Comprehensive List of What Not to Say to Black People, for Well-Intentioned People of Pallor
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Bernice L. McFadden Digit
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Saba)
- Nairobi Noir (Kenya)
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Song for Night
- The Roving Tree
- The Angels’ Share
- Black Marks