She loved the sound of her high heels on the pavement. A casual unhurried I’m in control sound. She knew the higher the heels, the more elegant her walk . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Black Sheep Digit
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Coming Up Hot: Eight New Poets from the Caribbean
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- The Hungered One
- I Love You Too
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Nne)
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop