It can see us from above as we try to hide among brambles, hoping it will mistake our human shapes and movements for those of boar or deer or badgers.
That gesture, that tightening of the hand, such a simple thing, simple but it reassures me.
Featured: Black Interest
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- Home: Social Essays
- Move the Crowd
- Dance of the Jakaranda
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- I Love You Too
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- Black History Digit
- She’s Gone
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes