I lie on his couch. It’s my spot now. I’ve spent whole days lying here. The cushions remember the arch of my back and the angles of my arms and legs, so it’s easy to find my place again when I move. He sits at his desk—next to the couch, in front of a laptop—and waits for his phone to ring. He is a businessman. His business is crack. He is always on call . . .
Tag: Anna Douglass
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- Of Grunge and Government: Let’s Fix this Broken Democracy!
- Copycat: LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PREORDER
- Dance of Days: Updated Edition
- Of Mule and Man
- Letters to Kurt
- Go Fish
- In Search of the Lost Chord: 1967, the Peak, Death, and Rebirth of the Hippie Idea
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- What Else Is in the Teaches of Peaches – LIMITED EDITION SIGNED PACKAGE
- Simon’s Cat vs. the World
- Infinity Blues
- Censorship Now!!