The American walked the ancient Italian countryside on unsteady feet. It was a familiar path, but he had been up very, very late with guests from the States, toasting to liberal optimism with liberal quantities of Tuscan wine. They had, essentially, drunk all night, waiting for election results from the States, which didn’t report until three a.m. Italian time that Barack Obama had become the forty-fourth president of the United States . . .
Tag: Andrew Cotto
Chris rattled his cigarette pack and placed it on the bar next to his Droid. He considered the cost of another cold beer and the cost of a fresh pack of smokes. He remembered pulling loosies out of a candy jar for a quarter each. Now it was hard to find loosies anywhere, and a pack of smokes in Brooklyn cost thirteen bucks. Even happy hour drinks at this old-school joint were expensive . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- On the Way Back
- A History of the African-American People (Proposed) by Strom Thurmond, as told to Percival Everett & James Kincaid (A Novel)
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- A Tall History of Sugar
- The Hungered One
- Every Boy Should Have a Man
- Bronx Biannual Issue No. 2: The Literary Journal of Urbane Urban Literature
- The Accidental Hunter