The American walked the ancient Italian countryside on unsteady feet. It was a familiar path, but he had been up very, very late with guests from the States, toasting to liberal optimism with liberal quantities of Tuscan wine. They had, essentially, drunk all night, waiting for election results from the States, which didn’t report until three a.m. Italian time that Barack Obama had become the forty-fourth president of the United States . . .
Tag: Andrew Cotto
Chris rattled his cigarette pack and placed it on the bar next to his Droid. He considered the cost of another cold beer and the cost of a fresh pack of smokes. He remembered pulling loosies out of a candy jar for a quarter each. Now it was hard to find loosies anywhere, and a pack of smokes in Brooklyn cost thirteen bucks. Even happy hour drinks at this old-school joint were expensive . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- HNIC (limited edition signed package)
- A Simple Distance
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- The Duppy
- The Gospel According to Cane
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- Tigerbelle: The Wyomia Tyus Story
- All or Nothing
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set