Congratulations to Thomas Glave, whose Among the Bloodpeople: Politics and Flesh has been named a finalist for the 2014 Lambda Literary Award in LGBT Nonfiction!
Tag: Among the Bloodpeople
Every Friday, the Akashic team highlights industry news, reviews, and features from around the web. This week’s roundup comes to you from Akashic interns Anaka Allen and Lisa Martens!
For today’s Akashic Insider, we asked Thomas Glave—author of the newly-released Among the Bloodpeople: Politics and Flesh—to write about the Supreme Court’s recent decision to overturn the federal Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA).
“The Blood Work of Language” by Yusef Komunyakaa (from Thomas Glave’s Among the Bloodpeople: Politics and Flesh)
There are few voices as urgent as Thomas Glave’s. In Among the Bloodpeople, he neither hesitates nor attempts to prepare us for the unsayable “that” which divorces some men and women from their Jamaican families. No sooner than a quick leap, we are wound in the bloody, necessary realities of Politics and Flesh . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- The Hungered One
- Frederick Douglass in Brooklyn
- The Gospel According to Cane
- Home: Social Essays
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Addis Ababa Noir (Ethiopia)
- Bedrock Faith
- Praise Song for the Butterflies
- Sale The Bernice L. McFadden Collection
- Black Lotus