The riffraff of Tompkins Square wear wool jackets in the humid night, perhaps in defiance of the elements. The squirrels aren’t panhandling as usual. They’re preoccupied with something in the weeds behind a bench, what looks to your eye like a mangled piece of bread or a crumpled paper bag. A closer look reveals a human hand . . .
Tag: Alphabet City
Featured: Black Interest
- Trinidad Noir
- The System of Dante’s Hell
- All or Nothing
- Gathering of Waters
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Tatu)
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- Game World
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life