Your eyes widen, heart clenches, fingers dig tightly into the pliable steering wheel cover, and you stomp on the brakes, your quadriceps forcing the pedal down as far as it’ll go, and the heavy, heavy SUV swerves and fishtails and pitches you forward, rubber shrieking, but it’s too late.
Tag: Alexander Jones
Featured: Black Interest
- Becoming Abigail
- Scars of the Soul Are Why Kids Wear Bandages When They Don’t Have Bruises
- Eight New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set
- She’s Gone
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Black Sheep Digit
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- The Spring Thrills Digit
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- Dance of the Jakaranda