Akashic Books and Johnny Temple featured in ELECTRIC LIT article about Brooklyn indies!
Tag: Akashic Insider
From Rolling Stone to Vol. 1 Brooklyn and more, WE ARE THE CLASH rakes in the praise!
Thanks to Bill Morris at The Millions, you can get an inside look at our day-to-day workings, and specifically into the mind of our editorial director, Ibrahim Ahmad. Check out: “A Day in the Life of an Indie Publisher: Akashic Books.”
Rivers Solomon has won the CLMP Firecracker Award and is nominated for a Hurston/Wright Legacy Award!
Did you catch our indefatigable publisher Johnny Temple in the May 11, 2018 issue of the New York Times? Author Andrew Cotto described a day in the life of Johnny Temple, which begins with reading and coffee, in the Sunday Routine section: “How Johnny Temple, Book Publisher and Rocker, Spends His Sundays.”
Now Available: City Mouse, by Stacey Lender.
Now Available: In Search of the Lost Chord, by Danny Goldberg.
Event Alert: Danny Goldberg at the 92nd Street Y
Featured: Black Interest
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Tales of the Out & the Gone
- Nowhere Is a Place
- Pepperpot: Best New Stories from the Caribbean
- Revolutionary Threads: Rastafari, Social Justice, and Cooperative Economics
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Black Music
- Bedrock Faith
- Jesus Boy