We are driving home from dinner at a friend’s house one evening when our four-year-old, Sawyer*, who loves music, spontaneously breaks into song. “I gotta big butt, I gotta big butt . . .”
Tag: age six
So there I was being selfishly glum after learning that tonight’s tenth anniversary dinner reservations had to be cancelled . . .
I thought taking care of one baby was hard, until I had two . . .
Some of her patients had parenting problems more than they had medical problems, but Dr. Simian didn’t say that out loud as she took Mrs. Monkey’s call . . .
We pulled into our parking space at 9:38am. Yes, we were technically eight minutes late. But I’d managed to dress and feed four hungry tiny people, wrestle them into car seats, and drive here. Eight minutes late was a win.
If Rudolf Dreikurs had not died in 1972, I might be in prison today . . .
She ran up to me kind of sideways, half willing herself to approach me and half strangely drawn to me. Even from across the room, she yelled out for all to hear:
“Why did you come?!” . . .
I have no toys.
I was hoping that at this stage of my life, as both husband and father, I would have some pretty cool toys. But I don’t. Instead I have four daughters, and this is why I have no toys . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Globetrotter & Hitler’s Children
- What Is Hip-Hop?
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- Pressure Makes Diamonds: Becoming the Woman I Pretended to Be
- Jesus Boy
- God Carlos
- Black Marks
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Cane Warriors