Two minutes. Are two minutes too much to ask? Two minutes to talk with a grownup without having to worry about you? But no. I take my eyes off you for two lousy minutes and next thing I know you’re huddled under the slide, sobbing like somebody stole your cupcake.
Tag: age 4
Transcript from a fun day with Dad . . .
We are driving home from dinner at a friend’s house one evening when our four-year-old, Sawyer*, who loves music, spontaneously breaks into song. “I gotta big butt, I gotta big butt . . .”
Featured: Black Interest
- The Baker’s Son: My Life in Business
- Among the Bloodpeople: Politics & Flesh
- Lagos Noir (Nigeria)
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- Abstraktion und Einfühlung
- The Roving Tree
- Climb: Taking Every Step with Conviction, Courage, and Calculated Risk to Achieve a Thriving Career and a Successful Life
- Hadriana in All My Dreams
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)