Two minutes. Are two minutes too much to ask? Two minutes to talk with a grownup without having to worry about you? But no. I take my eyes off you for two lousy minutes and next thing I know you’re huddled under the slide, sobbing like somebody stole your cupcake.
Tag: age 4
Transcript from a fun day with Dad . . .
We are driving home from dinner at a friend’s house one evening when our four-year-old, Sawyer*, who loves music, spontaneously breaks into song. “I gotta big butt, I gotta big butt . . .”
Featured: Black Interest
- The Girl with the Golden Shoes
- Sale Nelson George Two Book Set
- Loving Donovan
- May Digit
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival
- An Unkindness of Ghosts
- Iron Balloons: Hit Fiction From Jamaica’s Calabash Writer’s Workshop
- Gomer’s Song
- New-Generation African Poets: A Chapbook Box Set (Sita)
- Mr. Loverman