The sun faded on Paris as I headed to the 5th arrondissement on the 63 bus. I slipped in the back door, as drivers didn’t bother policing fares. My free ride took me over the Seine, to the Left Bank along Boulevard Saint Germaine and dropped me near Luxembourg Gardens. Down Rue Saint Jacques on foot, passed La Sorbonne, Le Pantheon, and finally onto the stool of a bar run by Aussies . . .
Featured: Black Interest
- Move the Crowd
- Lost Canyon
- So Many Islands: Stories from the Caribbean, Mediterranean, Indian, and Pacific Oceans
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- The Gospel According to Cane
- The Sexy Part of the Bible
- Sale Amiri Baraka 3-for-1 Sale!
- The Book of Harlan
- A Simple Distance
- John Crow’s Devil
- So Much Things to Say: 100 Poets from the First Ten Years of the Calabash International Literary Festival