Robert Antoni’s As Flies to Whatless Boys Shortlisted for the OCM Bocas Prize!
As Flies to Whatless Boys was named the winning title in the fiction category, and joins the shortlist with Kei Miller’s Writing Down the Vision (nonfiction) and Lorna Goodison’s Oracabessa (poetry). From these three, one winner of the overall OCM Bocas Prize will be named on April 26th, as part of the fourth annual NGC Bocas Lit Fest. Judges include Linton Kwesi Johnson, Mervyn Morris, Hazel Simmons-McDonald, Ken Ramchand, and Marjorie Thorpe.
Previous OCM Bocas Prize winners include Monique Roffey (for her novel, Archiplago); Earl Lovelace (for his novel, Is Just a Movie), and Derek Walcott (for his poetry collection, White Egrets).
Posted: Mar 31, 2014
Category: Akashic Insider | Tags: Robert Antoni, As Flies to Whatless Boys, Caribbean, OCM Bocas, Bocas Prize, Caribbean Literature, Bocas Lit Fest, Mervyn Morris, Hazel Simmons-McDonald, Ken Ramchand, Marjorie Thorpe, Linton Kwesi Johnson
Featured: Music/Popular Culture/Art
- All the Power: Revolution Without Illusion
- You Have to Fucking Eat
- Simon’s Cat in Kitten Chaos
- Jerusalem Calling
- Censorship Now!! (LIMITED SIGNED HARDCOVER EDITION)
- Jonah Sees Ghosts
- Confessions of a Ex-Doofus-ItchyFooted Mutha
- The Half That’s Never Been Told: The Real-Life Reggae Adventures of Doctor Dread
- The Plot Against Hip Hop
- Just Call Me Mike: A Journey to Actor and Activist
- Sale GTFTS/YHTFE Bundle